Career Goals Checklist
In a competitive job market, training, self development, and staying one step ahead of the competition has never been more important.
It’s imperative when it comes to enhancing productivity and improving business performance in the short term, and enhancing your career prospects and ultimately getting to where you want to be in the medium to long term. It also appears to be increasingly important for women who are having to jump through more hoops to prove their worth upon returning to work after having a family, or compete for job shares.
Here’s some useful tips if you feel you’re beginning to stagnate, or if you just want to step up your game.
- Update / polish your LinkedIn Profile (or other networking sites you may use) and CV/Bio
- Research any courses that will help progress your career, or certifications that will bring you up to speed with the latest knowledge in your field (accredited certifications are very attractive to some organisations/employers/clients and can add weight to your credibility). Does your employer contribute towards or fully fund such courses?
- Network - reach out to ex colleagues, connect with relevant industry groups etc
- Learn a new industry skill / update current skills
- Keep up to date with industry trends / emerging technologies
- Stay informed as to who’s hiring your skills as well as up to date salary info / skill shortages
- Read! Knowledge is power!
- Stay abreast of relevant industry legislation
- Work hard and stay focused
- Maintain a positive / can do attitude
And one final note, make sure you enjoy what you do...
Much love, Fran xxx
ABOUT BOSSING IT!
BossingIt! aims to empower and inspire women to be strong and independent, and to illustrate that life is there for the taking and that YOU are in control of it. I want to encourage you to realise your potential, so you can grab life by the balls and carve out the life you wholeheartedly want to live, so you can feel joy and gratitude each and every day, and ultimately be the very best version of yourself. I want to share the belief that if you’re not 100% happy with any aspect of your life, be it work, relationships, parenting, health & fitness, or life in general, it’s never too late to change things or even start anew completely. Every day is a new opportunity to start over, to be who you want to be, and YOU get to write and rewrite your story!